Date:      26 Jul 00 00:30:10 EET DST
From:      Ismail PAZARBASI <ipazarbasi@usa.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dc0 Device is not in Interfaces List.

Hi,

   thank you for your reply in my inquiry. Your replies really helped me =
here.
I found the dc0 in the list after I run dmesg , however, after I execute =
the
/stand/sysinstall, I cannot see the device dc0 in the interfaces list. I'=
 ve
chosen gif0 and tried to log on to network, but it failed. I adjusted my
gateway and DNS IPs, and computer' s assigned IP and netmask. Even though=
hang for hours, I cannot make dc0 visible in the list of interfaces. When=
try to ping a computer in the network, the message I received is "No rout=
e to
host." or at the start up, "NEtwork is unreachable." I guess this caused =
by
the inconvenient device selection for ethernet. Below, you can see the dm=
esg
output.

   I would be grateful if you reply this and help me,again.

Thank you very much,
Best Regards.
Ismail PAZARBASI - Electronic Engineer

dmesg output for dc0
dc0: <82x169 PNIC 10/100BaseTX> irq 9 at device 16.0 on pci0
dc0: couldn't map ports/memory
device_probe_and_attach: dc0 attach returned 6