Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 10:29:54 -0700
From:      "Shawn Workman" <sworkman@iea-software.com>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Just a question

------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01BEA699.878E7560

I just built a FreeBSD box that has 2 Intel pro 100b cards in it (fxp0, =
fxp1)

I have rebuilt my kernel and enabled the firewall, bridging, and =
dummynet.

fxp1 is the interface to the internet and fxp0 is the interface to the =
LAN.

I am getting ready to put this thing on line and was just wondering if =
anyone knew of anything I should watch out for?

I am running NATD in the following manner

natd -interface fxp0

if I run it on fxp1 then I can no longer get to the internet.

These may seems stupid, but I have never dealt with a FreeBSD box with 2 =
NIC's, this box will be replacing MS proxy and Exchange(internet email =
only), and I am very anxious to get this running..

Thanks in advance..

-------

Shawn Workman - sworkman@iea-software.com
Support Engineer - IEA Software, Inc.
http://www.iea-software.com

------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01BEA699.878E7560

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I just built a FreeBSD box that has 2 Intel pro 100b =
cards in=20
it (fxp0, fxp1)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I have rebuilt my kernel and enabled the firewall, =
bridging,=20
and dummynet.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>fxp1 is the interface to the internet and fxp0 is =
the=20
interface to the LAN.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am getting ready to put this thing on line and was =
just=20
wondering if anyone knew of anything I should watch out =
for?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I am running NATD in the following =
manner</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>natd -interface fxp0</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>if I run it on fxp1 then I can no longer get to the=20
internet.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>These may seems stupid, but I have never dealt with =
a FreeBSD=20
box with 2 NIC's, this box will be replacing MS proxy and =
Exchange(internet=20
email only), and I am very anxious to get this running..</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Thanks in advance..</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<HR>
<BR>Shawn Workman - <A=20