Date:      Mon, 06 Nov 2006 00:43:31 -0800
From:      vehemens <vehemens@verizon.net>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   GLX broken?

--Boundary-00=_zWvTFD1+v0WWgck

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 00:07 +0100, Rene Ladan wrote:
> AIGLX panics on 6.2 BETA 3 with my video card, so I disabled it in
> xorg.conf. (I'll analyze the dump soon).

I also had system hangs at startup and found that a number of DRI locks are
missing causing requests to fail just prior to having to hit the reset
button :<

I hacked in a few fixes and it works okay except that you need to run glxinfo
or glxgears to get read of an initialization problem that causes artifacts.

Note that I'm running a bit of an hybrid being xorg-server-1.1.99.901, mesa
11/05/06 snap shot, and a somewhat current kernel drm.

Attached are my patches that stopped the hanging.  Hopefully this is enough to
point to the real fix(s) and getting compiz/beryl running :>

--Boundary-00=_zWvTFD1+v0WWgck--