Date:      Sun, 6 Oct 1996 00:59:08 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@mailhost.coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   nullfs: Panicing...

Hi,

  I want to make parts of a file system available to anon ftp, whose
chrooted directory is located at another file system.  My first
approach was to use nullfs, but everytime I try to edit (vi)
a file in the nullfs mounted directory, the system panics.  Everything
else works (or seens to work) ok.

  I already had problems with vi and nullfs in NetBSD, caused by the
mmap nature of vi.  Maybe this is the case, too.

  This problem happens at 2.1.0 and 2.1.5 releases.  Does not matter
if the nullfs is mounted read-only or if vi is called in the its read-
only from (view).

  Is this already known ?

					Jonny

PS: I'm now using NFS to localhost, as a workaround.

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			jonny@gta.ufrj.br
+55 21 290-4698 ( Job )			jonny@cisi.coppe.ufrj.br