Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 15:52:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        leec@adam.adonai.net, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error installing pine-3.96

 * For one thing, you can't give it its own partition since only the
 * first 0xA5 type partition is booted from and I can't really imagine
 * how you'd make multiple versions co-exist in a single partition.

Duh, just get another disk.  They are so cheap these days anyway! ;)

Actually, the biggest problem (at least for me) is that 2.2 and 3.0
have different utmp field sizes.  That difference unnecessarily
complicates management of /var and /usr/local, I can switch back and
forth much easier if we can fix that.

Satoshi