Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2012 13:12:45 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Florian Wagner <florian@wagner-flo.net>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Overriding the zpool bootfs property from the loader?

> November 2011 and Januar 2012.
>=20

> repository [1] which implement something like this. With his help I've
> backported these to stable 8.
>=20
> I've just recently gone over the work and put together a culminating
> patch, which I've tested as extensively as possible in my at-home
> environment. This is available as a Mercurial patch queue at [2] or
> directly at [3].

Yes, this looks like pretty much what I was asking for.  So, if I
understand this correctly, given a root zpool named 'zroot' and a number
of ZFSes with different boot environments ( zroot/ROOT/FOO,
zroot/ROOT/BAR, etc.) I could interrupt the boot before the menu screen
and just type at the boot: prompt --

   zfs:zroot/ROOT/FOO:boot/zfsloader

or

   zfs:zroot/ROOT/BAR:boot/zfsloader

to select different environments.  Is that right?  I'll give your
patches a go over the weekend -- I'm on stable/9 though.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.