Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 2012 22:37:49 -0500
From:      Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
To:        rflynn@acsalaska.net
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CFR: net-mgmt/observium

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 8:29 PM,  <rflynn@acsalaska.net> wrote:
> Hi Eitan,
>
>> why is fping in the files/ directory instead of being fetched from somewhere?
>
> Cause I was looking for EXTRA_FILES and similar knobs and gave up, while I
> should be looking at EXTRACT_ONLY. Got it fixed locally.

Understood.

>> patch-html::graph-realtime.php should be upstreamed instead being
>> locally modified for FreeBSD.
>
> Hmm. If the FreeBSD php is vanilla, things "work". As soon as you put a
> sane (f.e. php.ini-production) php.ini in play, things stop working, the
> culprit being short_open_tags. My intention was to not flood maintainer mail
> relating to that.

I see the problem. I wish upstream would release a fix but I do not
oppose a REINPLACE option as you mention below.
When you file the PR please explicitly mention why you are patching
the source (and the committer should likely include that information
in the commit log).
We need to work towards reducing the number of patches in ports tree.

--
Eitan Adler