Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:27:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Anil Jangity <aj@entic.net>
To:        Derek Jewett <djewett@snowcrest.net>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftpd - connection refused

First of all you should be running the stable version if you have real
users using your services....

Do you have a fireawall blocking traffic to that port? Add some logging
and see if you find anything.

Do:
netstat -an | grep LISTEN | grep \*.21

and see if your server is listening on that port.

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Derek Jewett wrote:

|Help! Using 3.1-R
|
|My users get a connection refused when users attempt to log into my ftp
|server.. I have checked the inetd, all looks ok.. I am even running ftpd
|as it's own process using /usr/libexec/ftpd -D -l, and I still get
|connection refused.. Help!! something is hosed I know it! Thanks

Kind regards,

Anil Jangity

aj@entic.net
"Work like you don't need money, love like you've never been hurt, and
dance like no one's watching."