Date:      Thu, 14 May 2015 21:01:31 -0700
From:      Tim Gustafson <tjg@tgustafson.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 10.x on Raspberry Pi 2

Hi,

I see there's a snapshot image for RPIB in the 10.x snapshot folder, and an
RPI2 image in the 11.x snapshot folder.  I have 10.x running on my RPIB but
can't seem to get the 11.x image to boot on the RPI2.  (It hangs on the
rainbow screen.)  I know the 11.x branch is under heavy development still,
so I was wondering what the prognosis is for building a 10.x image for the
RPI2.  I'm finding a lot of conflicting information on Google and I suspect
that's because the RPI2 is fairly new, so I was hoping someone here could
give me the definitive answer for how to get 10.x on an RPI2.  If I do a
build/install world on the RPIB with the most up-to-date 10.x source, will
that give me a bootable installation that I could take the SD card out of
the RPIB and drop it into the RPI2?  Or do I have to cross compile from an
Intel machine and then use crochet?

Thanks in advance for any pointers and help.