Date:      Sat, 04 Oct 2003 23:30:21 -0400
From:      Richard Coleman <richardcoleman@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: updating to latest sources on sparc64

Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> At 7:08 PM -0400 10/4/03, Richard Coleman wrote:
>
>> I've just installed FreeBSD-5.1 on a Sun Netra T1 105.
>> I was planning to use cvsup to update to -current.
>> But when I checked the ftp servers for the cvsup
>> package, I couldn't find it.
>

> I'm not sure why it wasn't where you expected it to be,
> but check:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~jdp/cvsup-sparc64/

For i386, I've always been able to find a binary package for cvsup in
the directory "packages/net" under the particular release.  For sparc64,
there is no such binary package under either the 5.0 or 5.1 release
directory.

It's not a big deal, except that this contradicts the information in
section A.5 (Using CVSup) of the handbook.

But now I've got the binary from John's site.  Thanks for the info.

Richard Coleman