Date:      Sat, 1 Mar 1997 13:42:50 +0800 (WST)
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@obiwan.aceonline.com.au>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Java binary support in FreeBSD ...

On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Warner Losh wrote:

> If you go off and do this, it might not be bad to make this
> generalized so that I can run my old CP/M programs through the z80
> emulator that I have laying around, or the MS-DOS programs through
> DOSEMU or whatever.
>
> Warner

Again - its just one file (imgact_java.c) which has the code to recognise
java binaries, and then do some magic to execute it with the right
interpreter and command args, etc.

Extending it to cover DOS binaries, etc, wouldn't be hard (for dos .EXE
Dont' you look for 'MZ' at the beginning of the file? Com files will be
different, since they are just an image of a segment of code to throw in
memory, with no real discernable headers.

Anyways, back to work.

Adrian.