Date:      Thu, 22 Jun 2000 11:36:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xiotech Magnitude and QLogic experience?

Unfortunately FC isn't as well shaken out as SCSI. It sure is an open
standard, but that also means much is left open to interpretration.

With respect to this particular device- I have not used it myself. I do know
that XIOtech boxes have worked with Qlogic cards. I would recommend that you
tell them:

"We plan to use Qlogic 2200 cards under FreeBSD"

and ask them to allow for demonstration time.

I would be delighted to assist resolving any problems that ocur (I am the
Qlogic driver writer for FreBSD, NetBSD and OpenBSD).

-matt