Date:      Mon,  6 Mar 1995 03:22:37 +0300
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov, Black Mage" <ache@astral.msk.su>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@blaise.ibp.fr>
Cc:        andy@demos.su, current@FreeBSD.org, davidg@Root.COM, dyson@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Msync() is double broken

In message <9503052346.AA10689@blaise.ibp.fr> Ollivier Robert writes:

>> As you can see, msync(..., 0) works, but modification times
>> _not_ updated. It can affects some programs which expects it.

>That's probably why it is not safe to use mmap with INN 1.4. I feel
>that the modification time should be updated. It seems more logical.

Yes, INN was initial reason and require modification times
update.  Some systems don't use msync() (mmap() does all things)
but all of them excepting FreeBSD update modification time correctly.

--
Andrey A. Chernov        : And I rest so composedly,  /Now, in my bed,
ache@astral.msk.su       : That any beholder  /Might fancy me dead -