Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:13:22 +0000
From:      mark@markdnet.demon.co.uk
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Save the Demon!

olli@lurza.secnetix.de wrote:

> AFAIK, one of the main points of that logo competition is
> to do away with anything that could be interpreted in an
> religious way.  Therefore an image of an Angel would be
> completely inappropriate.  (Why feminine anyway?  Beastie
> has no specific gender, therefore it would be best to not
> bias the logo one way or the other.)

I'm not seeing a problem here. Beastie is not a religious icon, not is it intended to be one. FreeBSD has no connection (afaik) with any religion. What we do have is a well recognised and accepted logo which has been around for a long time. Changing it because a couple of people have misinterpreted it strikes me as foot shooting.

Mark