Date:      Thu, 6 Feb 2003 18:37:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: What?! no wi0 after a boot in windows

>From: "Arun Welch" <welch@igillc.com>
>Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 20:30:37 -0600

>I have the opposite experience on my Inspiron 5000. After using FreeBSD
>I need to power down all the way, but after W2K things work. I've
>noticed that the LED's don't shut off after rebooting from FreeBSD, but
>do shut off in the W2K powerdown sequence.

I build & run both FreeBSD -STABLE and -CURRENT (RELENG_4 & HEAD) on my
i5000e; I used to need to power-cycle it in the transition back from
-CURRENT to -STABLE in order for the machine to see the Cisco/Aironet
340 card that I use.

Along around the time that NEWCARD became the default in -CURRENT, I no
longer needed to do that.

I have no experience with running Microsoft products on it.

Cheers,
david       (links to my resume at http://www.catwhisker.org/~david)
I have no confidence in results obtained through the use of Microsoft products.