Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 1995 16:36:50 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        fernando@cea.Berkeley.EDU (Fernando Astorga)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Comments on 2.0 release

As Fernando Astorga wrote:

> 2) When I was installing the XFree86-3.1 distribution, the CD-ROM
>    hung forever and I had to start all over.  First I thought it was the
>    size of it in combination with my slow controller, but when I tried
>    the src distribution (which is 160M vs 80M for XFree86), it worked fine.

Did you try switching to the second screen (Alt-F2)?  It has been an
oversight in 2.0-Release (is it fixed meanwhile? Jordan?) that the
XFree86 installation script didn't fit right into the sysinstall way
of doing things, and simply asked its questions on its own tty (which
happens to be ttyv1).

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/