Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 1995 10:57:55 -0300 (EST)
From:      Alexandre Moriya - esp <moriya@ifi.unicamp.br>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        moriya@ifi.unicamp.br (Alexandre Moriya - esp)
Subject:   Problems with home dirs

Hi all,

I have a very strange problem !

Last friday I had to change the home directories of a unix
host from the / partition to the /usr partition.
Ok, I did that. I changed the entries in the passowrd files (using vipw)
and then moved the home dir from /home/USERx to /usr/home/HOST/USERx.
Great ! Since then NOBODY, but the root user is able to login.

At the prompt, the user enter his username and then his password.
The /etc/motd message is showed and the message bellow appears:

"login: /bin/csh: Permission Denied"
or
"login: /bin/sh: Permission Denied"

I am able to login as root and then I tried su USERx and the message below
appears:

"su: /bin/csh: Permission Denied"
or
"su: /bin/sh: Permission Denied"

ANY Tips ?!?
Can Anybody help me ? I know it should have a very obvious solution
but I was not able to find that. Please, help me !!!

Thanks a lot,
	BYE

--

Alexandre Moriya			(RA 910061)
Centro de Computacao John David Rogers 	(CCJDR)