Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 17:05:41 -0500
From:      Andrew Y Ng <ayn@andromeda.68k.org>
To:        JL Kottal <jlkottal@pcisys.net>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: cups-base-1.1.15.1_4

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

On  0, JL Kottal <jlkottal@pcisys.net> wrote:
> >cvsup your port tree,=20
> That was done as part of the attempted solution to this problem.
> >and do a make install in ports/print/cups=20
> This was how I was doing the port-based installation.
>=20
> >I just installed and configured CUPS last Saturday and I was able to pri=
nt=20
> >to both of my USB printers.=20
>=20
> Unfortunately, my printer is a parallel-port one.
parallel-port printer should be even easier to setup, imo.

> >also, in #2, looks like you don't have permission to write to the device=
=20
> >as a regular user, try printing as root.
> >
>=20
> All of the installation, compilation, etc., was being done as root,=20
> either under a console or in a term window in X.
>=20
> None of it worked .....

hmm... that's strange, I'm not on my FreeBSD laptop right now, I'll look mo=
re
when I get home and tell you what I find out.

--=20
andrew y ng  <ayn@andrewng.com>  http://andrewng.com

fingerprint :
46a1 29ff 893a 0381 dc81  1e1e bed8 e882 9bfc 594c

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA

--W/nzBZO5zC0uMSeA--