Date:      Mon, 6 Feb 2006 14:19:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Gary D. Margiotta" <gary@tbe.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel ICH5R Raid support

All,

A quick search of the archives didn't get me the straight answer (although
I admit I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking).

I'm looking at getting a Supermicro pre-built server, and the motheboard
is a Supermicro P4SCE, with an Intel ICH5R chipset.  The board has onboard
SATA controllers, capable of RAID 0/1 support through the BIOS (yes, I
realize this is software raid, I'm OK with that for this use).  Just
wondering if the ICH5R sata RAID is supported by 6.0 (or 6.1 if it's
released by the time I get this all done).  I'd rather not have to go
through the hoops using ataraid, I'd rather just set it up in the BIOS if
there's support for it natively.

I'll search some more, but if someone has an answer, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Gary