Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 1997 23:18:07 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bt848 Missing frames fix

Louis A. Mamakos:
 |Also, as I've mentioned to Randall, I think that the even/odd fields are
 |interchanged.  Someone else mentioned this before, and it seems
 |noticable if you look at text and graphical objects on the tv broadcast.
 |I recall looking at this a little while ago, and I thought that the
 |way the RISC program were being built had the wrong field (even or odd?)
 |starting off in the memory buffer.  Is it just me, or is anyone else
 |noticing this?

Just mailed Louie regarding this in another off-line thread we're on, but
this is likely because fxtv isn't switching down to one field only when
capture rows is <= CIF (240 for NTSC), so it's blasting both the odd and
even frames right on top of each other 30 times a second.  Can create some
interesting aliasing artifacts but it does yield a more fluid video window.

To add in this behavior for experimentation, edit tvcapture.c, search down
for ODD, and uncomment that if statement.  It's in there; just disabled.

Maybe that should be the default (?)

Randall