Date:      Sun, 02 May 2010 15:50:33 +0200
From:      "Mihai Militaru" <mihai.militaru@gmx.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xfce4 and xorg-7.5

I'm having the exact (it seems) problem, thanks for posting the thread. Just upgraded all through portupgrade yesterday, today X simply shuts down every time I login.

Slim is my login manager, it works, just when I login it is like I would immediately logout, just that I intend to stay in, of course :). Starting X without XFCE, or anything, does the same thing. Could this be something session-related, like a missing module or something?
Before yesterday I had installed only the required X packages and used to work, today - after the problem occurred - I installed the full xorg port, with no luck. Kinda distrubing, I'd say :P.

Thanks guys,
Mihai