Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 1996 17:57:54 -0800
From:      "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@geli.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>, hackers@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: some RAID numbers.

} >
} >I'd like to see the output from bonnie, just so I have some comparisons.
} >I have a barracuda with a 2940, and I don't see much better numbers.
}
} I don't have an Atlas, but there are many people on this list that
} do.  Hopefully one of them will give more exact numbers.  I don't
} recall the Bonnie results, but iozone for a 2940W to a wide Atlas
} was ~7.2MB/s with a command overhead of ~430us (using Bruce's
} disklatency program).
}

http://www.geli.com/data/disk.perf.html

This has the 2.1 Atlas + NCR 810, peaks at ~6.5 MB/s.

I've got another Atlas dropping in soon, I'll then put the 2940UW
numbers up on the page.

Also, Martin Cracauer circulated a pretty extensive list of
bonnie benchmarks about 5 months ago, but I haven't found a link to it.

Russell

} --
} Justin T. Gibbs
}   FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations
}