Date:      Thu, 08 Feb 1996 13:45:57 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-960130-SNAP on ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD

Hi,

>> o For some reason which I'm still tracking down, /usr/libexec/telnetd and
>>   possibly other binaries are missing from the bin distribution.
>
>telnet and libtelnet are also missing, as has been pointed out by a
>user of my private 2.2-SNAP CDROM.

Comparing against 2.1.0-RELEASE, I found these
files to be missing from 2.2-960130-SNAP:

/bin:
 ed
 red

/usr/bin:
 telnet
 yppush

/usr/sbin:

/usr/lib:
 libtelnet.a
 libtelnet.so.2.0
 libtelnet_p.a

/usr/libexec:
 telnetd
 ypxfr

Question:

 I have found that trying to run a 2.1.0 shared executable results in:

ld.so fail

 Can a group of .so files from 2.1.0 be installed on 2.2 to overcome
this (as with compat20) or must all shared execs be rebuilt?

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD