Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 95 14:23:47 MET DST
From:      seppo@axis.se (Seppo Ruuskanen)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        seppo@axis.se
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Thinkpad 360CE

>> Has anyone gotten FreeBSD (either 2.0 or 2.0.5) running on an IBM Thinkpad
>> 360CE?  I got it to boot from the boot floppy, but when it gets to the menu,
>> the keyboard does not seem to function at all.  I can't select any options.
>>
>> I have successfully installed both 2.0 and 2.0.5 on my desktop machine, so I
>> do know how to install it.
>>
>> Jeff Wilson
>> wilson@vnet.ibm.com    <- Internet
>> IBM EDA/PD East Fishkill, NY
>
>By default the Thinkpad initializes to type 2 scancodes.
>
>You should build a kernel on your desktop machine with the option
>(documented in the LINT configuration file) to force the console driver
>to use type 2 scancodes.
>
>Then use that kernel instead of the default kernel on the install disks
>to perform the install.
>

>					Terry Lambert
>					terry@cs.weber.edu
>---
>Any opinions in this posting are my own and not those of my present
>or previous employers.

How do I get the new kernel on the bootfloppy?, there is just the
kernel on the floppy and it contains all the neccesary programs
to make an install. I made a new kernel (BOOTMFS) and kzipped it,
it was only half the size of the kernel on the bootfloppy!.

Well, and then when I have got the bootfloppy to work, is it enough
to make a new kernel including the pcvt-code or is there more to
configure (excluding the normal)?

Yours Seppo Ruuskanen

--
Seppo Ruuskanen           System Administrator    email: seppo@axis.se
Axis Communication AB     Tel:   +46 46 191844    uucp:  axisab.se!seppo