Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 2002 18:13:33 +0800
From:      Clive Lin <clive@tongi.org>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@trit.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, portmgr@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/45755: /usr/ports/net/dictd does not build, at least on 4.7-RELEASE

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 08:50:50AM +0000, Dima Dorfman wrote:
> [cc'd to ports in the hope that someone will make portmgr reply]
>
> Clive Lin <clive@tongi.org> wrote:
> >  I think it's impossible to fix dictd on RELENG_4.
>
> I beg to differ.  The attached patch makes it compile on RELENG_4, but

Wooha. I admitted that I only took a 3 secs inspectin in wctype.h and
made my conclusion. Dictd is your baby, and surely you know how to
teach him to behave well ;)

> possibly breaks UTF8 dictionaries (I haven't tried).  It does not

Currently we have 2 dictd-database in ports tree. One is
chinese/dictd-database, and another one is net/dictd-database. Both of
them are not utf8 dictionaries. For an average ports+dictd* consumer,
lacking of utf8 support is not harmful.

> affect functionality on 5.0.  I've sent this to portmgr three times
> (this message is the fourth), but have heard no reply.
>
> I think breaking a new feature is better than breaking it completely.

/me ping portmgr

BTW, isn't fixing breakage on RELENG_4 implicitly Ok'ed ?