Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 21:22:53 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Mikhail A. Sokolov" <mishania@demos.su>
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        bag@demos.su (Alex G. Bulushev), smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: troubles with smp kernel

> Hi,

> basically SMP_INVLTBL is code that insures that other CPUs invalidate their
> TBL tables when virtual memory changes require it.  Its a recent addition
> and thus not documented.  A search of the SfreeBSD SMP mail archive
> would pop up alot of discussion of it.

Ok, sorry ;-)

> I am missing something here, you say it reboots, but I see output in this
> letter showing it running, specifically under what circumstances does it
> reboot?

Let say that way: "Hell knows" :
 9:13ÐÐ  up 27 mins, 2 users, load averages: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00

Neither anything on the console, nor in the syslog. I still think INT/IRQ
sharing system to be culprit, now from the hardware's side.

> SMP mail archive for 3940 should provide you with alot of info
> on what we did to ensure that they work (and work with shared INTs).

I sent mptable, dmesg separatelly though, - it's 1.4 and it was always 1.4

> This is indeed puzzling, and if it wasn't associated with plugging in the
> second CPU I would say it has NOTHING to do with this list, but it does so...
> I would guess that either there is a hardware problem with the motherboard
> or that something is misconfigured in the BIOS.  Either way I think it is
> a question for ASUS support.

As Alex said, I was almost killed by static electricity of the machine half
an hour ago, - this might be the problem. After that, during all our debates
today last 1,5 hours, machine rebooted three times, but this RAM error is
gone. I pray it is, I mean.

Your help is much appreciated,
-mishania