Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 13:24:38 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Larry S. Lile" <lile@stdio.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Blocked interrupts?

I am still working on a token-ring driver but I am now having a
problem with interrupt blocking.  The card inserts into the ring
and interrupts the driver, but after that I get no more interrupts
from the card until I reset the interrupt circuit on the card.
The source for the Mach and AIX drivers I have looked at do not
appear to have this problem.  I was hoping someone could show me
the error of my ways and help me get moving again.

In one of the interrupt status registers of the card (isrp_h) before
the interrupt it is 0x0, then when I enable interrupts on the card it
becomes 0x40, it then interrupts the driver and goes to 0x42.  This
is the problem the 0x2 (in 0x42) says that all interrupts from the
card are being blocked and no matter what I do (short of a reset on
the interrupt circuit on the card) I cannot get the card unblocked.

Any ideas or help?

Larry Lile
lile@stdio.com