Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 10:34:46 +0100
From:      "Achim" <achim@vortex.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   SCSI HBA Driver

Hi,

I'm developing a CAM SCSI HBA driver for our ICP Disk Array
Controllers for FreeBSD. I tested the driver under
FreeBSD 4.1-RELEASE.
I'm already in the test phase and now I have some questions.

1. I heared that FreeBSD supports boot-time loadable drivers.
What's the required format of the driver disk and which files are
required?
2. We want to make the driver publicly available. What's the usual
procedure to do this?
3. We need a major device number for our driver to have access
from our configuration tool. How can we get a free number?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Best regards
Achim Leubner
ICP vortex Computersysteme GmbH
Research & Development