Date:      Sat, 25 Dec 1999 18:51:11 +0000
From:      Alex <ak@freenet.co.uk>
To:        James Howard <howardjp@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, Chris Piazza <cpiazza@jaxon.net>, Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Port of ext2fs fsck

James Howard wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Dec 1999, Bruce Evans wrote:
>
> > > Yes, but isn't this stuff GPL'd?   The fsck_ext2fs program from Open- or
> > > NetBSD is not.
> >
> > Sure.  So is ext2fs for FreeBSD, and some other small programs like gcc.
>
> Is the ext2fs implementation in Net or Open GPL'd?  If not, copy it too.

Hmmm, at least the NetBSD implementation seems to have a BSD-style
license.   It's also more recent (first imported in 1997).

Should we borrow their version, especially considering that the fs code
in FreeBSD needs rearranging anyway (everything has to go into
/sys/fs/...)?   Can anyone comment on the functionality of their
implementation?

Alex