Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 1997 12:14:30 -0400
From:      Richard Scranton <scrantr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org
Subject:   NFS exports

You can export multiple directories within a filesystem, as long as
the paths are specified on a single line within the exports file,
as in:

/x/nfs /x/tmp /x/home -maproot=blah -network=blah -mask=blah blah...
/cdrom -network=blah -mask=blah blah...

Keep reading.

> No, this comes because I am running some diskless workstations and the bsd
> nfs implementation (I had to read the exports man page many times to be
> clear on this point) only allows one permission for each machine per
> filesystem (unlike the linux user space nfsd).

Richard Scranton - LDA Systems - Information Management Consulting
scrantr@ix.netcom.com  Columbus Cincinnati Cleveland Toledo Atlanta