Date:      Wed, 1 Apr 1998 20:34:28 +0100
From:      neal.tillery@cp.Novartis.com
To:        sue@welearn.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Did I get dropped from the list?

I find that man pages that include examples are the most helpful.  They
can talk about switches and options till they're blue in the face, but
it doesn't click for me till I see a few concrete examples of the
command at work.  Not all man pages I've seen include examples, although
I think some have example headings that are blank (I could be wrong, my
memory is not as good as it was).

For the most part the man pages are a very handy reference, and taken
with other materials (books, FAQs, online docs) they help my learning
process as a whole.

-- Neal Tillery
-- neal.tillery@cp.novartis.com