Date:      Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:32:24 +0200
From:      Lars =?iso-8859-1?Q?K=F6ller?= <lars.koeller@uni-bielefeld.de>
To:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
Cc:        lars.koeller@uni-bielefeld.de
Subject:   Re: single precision fftw wanted

----------

=20
> Dear Lars and ports,
>=20
> I am interested in creating a port for gromacs (http://www.gromacs.=
org)=20
> and it requires fftw built using single precision.  The super-easy =
way=20
> is to create a port sfftw which is a copy of fftw with a line like
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=3D        --enable-float --enable-type-prefix
> added in.  Or I could add some kind of option to fftw.  Anyway, sin=
ce=20
> Lars is the maintainer of fftw I would like to coordinate with him =
about=20
> it.  And I am copying this to ports as well just in case anyone els=
e has=20
> suggestions.

Hi, I'm just back from holidays. I think if we have the requirement o=
f=20
a single precision of another port, it is the only solution to make a=
=20
separate port.

However, are the libraries separated, so it is possible to have both=
=20
installed?

Fell free to modify the port or add a second one, I'm too busy at the=
=20
moment. My intension for maintaining the port was the usage of grace=
=20
during my PHD. Alas I've not using it anymore.

Best regards

Lars

--=20
E-Mail: Lars.Koeller@Uni-Bielefeld.DE        \  Lars K=F6ller
            lkoeller@FreeBSD.org              \  CC University of
PGP: http://www.uk.pgp.net/pgpnet/wwwkeys.html \  Bielefeld, Germany=
=20
     Key-ID: A430D499                           \  Tel: +49 521 106 4=
964
----------- FreeBSD, what else? ---- http://www.freebsd.org ---------=
----