Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2019 10:50:52 +0000
From:      Mark Raynsford <list+org.freebsd.java@io7m.com>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JDK 11 update

--Sig_/=d=7200UXUWYjx0d6es9aMZ

On 2019-03-08T10:04:02 -0800
Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>=20
> I wanted to briefly post an update on what's going on with JDK 11.
>=20
> I'm pleased to say that thanks to the efforts of Kurt Miller there is now
> a preliminary port for JDK 11 that supports FreeBSD.  I expect there will
> be a port in the FreeBSD ports system within the next week.

This is great news. Thanks very much!

Is there any interest in getting AdoptOpenJDK [0] builds going?

I mentioned it to the AdoptOpenJDK people, and the response was that if
the FreeBSD project was willing to provide a couple of machines/VM
instances/whatever to do the builds, they could in principle get
FreeBSD builds going.

[0] https://adoptopenjdk.net/

--=20
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com