Date:      Sat, 07 Jun 1997 14:49:56 +1000
From:      Robert <robert@chalmers.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help Please. Routing through an annex.

I am having trouble nutting out a route to another network across a
Microannex. Stallion/Xylogics, running V9.2. Not that that matters.

Here's the topology:

My Network: 203.1.96.0
      My Server. The DNS      My PC               Microannex
	203.1.96.5            203.1.96.26         203.1.96.4
	Ethernet              Ethernet            Ethernet
	|                       |                  |

                                                   Microannex dials
                                                   the other network
                                                   which is an NT
                                                   running PAP.

	The other network insists that my end of its link
	uses 203.22.80.21, and that its end uses 203.22.80.20
	Therefore, on the Microannex, the local_address = 203.22.80.21
	and the remote_address = 203.22.80.20    At least this is how
        I understand it.

	                   Microannex
	So:	   ------->203.1.96.4
				Port 8:= 203.22.80.21
			Remote_address:= 203.22.80.20

	The remote DNS is the gateway to the Internet.

The question is. How do I set up routing between the two networks, using
the /etc/gateways file, and the /usr/spool/erpcd/bfs/config.annex file
with a %gateways entry.

I'd really like the help of a Annex expert on this, if there is someone
willing to take a moment out.

Thanks for any assistance,
Bob

--
http://www.chalmers.com.au Books-New & Secondhand  Support Whirled Peas.
Agents for CIBTC. Associate of Amazon.com, and Partner Program with iBS.