Date:      Fri, 17 Jan 1997 23:11:49 -0700 (MST)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape and NIS

Bill Paul writes:
 > The Alamo is where General George Armstrong Custer and his troops were
 > slaughtered by indians. In other words, if you see a hail of arrows
 > heading your way, move as fast as you can in the other direction. Custer
 > didn't. Now he's a famous idiot.

 > -Bill Paul           (212) 854-6020 | System Manager, Master of Unix-Fu
 > Work:        wpaul@ctr.columbia.edu | Center for Telecommunications Research
 > Home: wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu | Columbia University, New York City

So much for an expensive Columbia U education.  The Alamo is a large mud
hut in San Antonio where 2,500 Mexicans kicked bloody hell out of a
couple hundred Tennessee Volunteers who were innocently trying to wrench
Texas out of Mexico.  Why a bunch of seemingly intelligent Tennesseans
were fighting with Mexicans over Texas is one of the great mysteries of
U.S. history, but less so than the question "where were the Texans in
all of this?"

"Remember the Alamo" became a battle cry for Texans when they decided to
fight their own war and kick the Mexican army back across the Rio Grande
(spanish for slow-moving sewer) into what is now the southernmost part
of the United States of NAFTA.  For the life of me, I can't figger out
what *any* of this might have to do with FreeBSD.

(Sorry, I've been polishing up on my revisionist history, preparing for
Clinton Inagural II next Monday.)