Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 09:21:22 -0600
From:      John Lind <john@starfire.mn.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD handbook section 10.5.5.3 SCSI (tape) drives (from the on-line version at www.freebsd.org)

In the paragraph on "Hewlett-Packard HP C1553A Autoloading DDS2",
it says that the boot message identifier is "", which is incomplete
and incorrect.  On our system, dmesg shows me "HP C1553A 9503".

Also, the script for changing tapes as it appears has a syntax error
in that the trailing quote on the first echo command in the
usage function is missing.  Other than that, the script works,
and I was very happy to find it!

Do we know who contributed this?  I'd like to open a dialogue with
him (any anyone else interested) for direct driver support for
this functionality.

BTW, I sent in some additional information a week or so ago about
a kink to HP pages that were out of date and a replacment.  I
didn't get an acknowledgement and the bad link is still in place
on the on-line handbook, so I hope that information did get
processed somehwere.
--

		 John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG	    USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417