Date:      Thu, 7 May 1998 16:52:42 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        jivko@ijs.com
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Geographical location of IP addresses.

This is physically impossible. Think about someone using a PPP over a long
distance line, or a Class C network that spans a frame relay over several
states or countries.

I'd block certain networks if they are a problem. The only way to screen
by country would be to deny anything w/ a country's DNS name (ipfw add
deny all from *.ca to block Canada, etc.)

You could also refuse any hosts that do not do rerverse DNS, as many
deadbeats use IP only hosts.

Kevin