Date:      Fri, 01 Dec 2000 08:25:27 -0500
From:      mikel <mikel@ocsinternet.com>
To:        Nevermind <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: multiple apache versions.

    Thanks, I forgot about the pid placement. I am aware of the bindery settings,
what I am concerned about is if there will be any conflicts with building
different versions, I am guessing that I will not be able to perform the usuall
'make install' like I would if the server were only going to use one version. Then
there is the apachectl utility which I expect to get confused (more likely I'll be
the one confused...)

    One thought I had was to do the seperate builds and rename the executable to
something else like japache, fapache, and papache, thus making is a bit easier

    Thanks again for you response as I totaly overlooked the pid thingie....

Cheers,
Mikel