Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:36:29 -0500
From:      Alexander Kabaev <ak03@gte.com>
To:        "Thomas E. Zander" <riggs@hadiko.de>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recent USB problems

> Sorry, no hint by my side, but I can report exactly the same problem
> on an Athlon-C System equipped with a VIA-KT133A chipset.
> (actually it has the same USB controller, so it was expectable)
>
> Riggs
   I am seeing the same symptoms while using Microsoft USB mouse with
KT133A-based computer. In my case, initial probe for ums, uhid and then
ugen fails. This is not consistent, though. Sometimes, probe will report
failing ums attach, sometimes it will not even detect device as  mouse
and will start probing uhid or even ugen instead. Later in the boot
process, right after the "Waiting for SCSI messages to settle" message,
ums gets probed again and this time it attaches and works flawlessly
100% of the time.