Date:      Sat, 16 Jan 2016 02:30:29 -0800
From:      Mark Millard <markmi@dsl-only.net>
To:        FreeBSD PowerPC ML <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   clang380-import -r294096 variation can complete TARGET_ARCH=powerpc buildworld

After reporting so many examples of what stops buildworld for =
projects/clang380-import , here is a note about something that can =
complete. (I've not tested the result.)

After removing -mlongcall usage and changing to avoid building kboot and =
using WITHOUT_LLDB=3D an amd64 based projects/clang380-import -r294096 =
TARGET_ARCH=3Dpowerpc buildworld does run to completion.

This was for src.conf being as below (and make.conf being empty):

TO_TYPE=3Dpowerpc
#
KERNCONF=3DGENERICvtsc-NODEBUG
TARGET=3Dpowerpc
.if ${.MAKE.LEVEL} =3D=3D 0
TARGET_ARCH=3D${TO_TYPE}
.export TARGET_ARCH
.endif
#
WITH_FAST_DEPEND=3D
WITH_LIBCPLUSPLUS=3D
WITH_LIB32=3D
WITH_BOOT=3D
WITH_CLANG_BOOTSTRAP=3D
WITH_CLANG=3D
WITH_CLANG_IS_CC=3D
WITH_CLANG_FULL=3D
WITH_CLANG_EXTRAS=3D
#
# lldb requires missing atomic 8-byte operations for powerpc (non-64)
WITHOUT_LLDB=3D
#
WITHOUT_GCC_BOOTSTRAP=3D
WITHOUT_GCC=3D
WITHOUT_GNUCXX=3D
#
NO_WERROR=3D
MALLOC_PRODUCTION=3D
#
WITHOUT_DEBUG=3D
WITHOUT_DEBUG_FILES=3D

And GENERICvtsc-NODEBUG being:

include GENERIC
ident   GENERICvtsc

nooptions       PS3                     #Sony Playstation 3              =
 HACK!!! to allow sc

options         DDB                     # HACK!!! to dump early crash =
info (but 11.0-CURRENT already has it)
options         GDB                     # HACK!!! ...
#options        VERBOSE_SYSINIT
#options        BOOTVERBOSE=3D1
#options        BOOTHOWTO=3DRB_VERBOSE
#options        KTR
#options        KTR_MASK=3DKTR_TRAP
#options        KTR_CPUMASK=3D0xF
#options        KTR_VERBOSE

# HACK!!! to allow sc for 2560x1440 display on Radeon X1950 that vt =
historically mishandled during booting
device          sc
#device          kbdmux         # HACK: already listed by vt
options         SC_OFWFB        # OFW frame buffer
options         SC_DFLT_FONT    # compile font in
makeoptions     SC_DFLT_FONT=3Dcp437

# Disable extra checking typically used for FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT:
#nooptions      DEADLKRES               #Enable the deadlock resolver
#nooptions      INVARIANTS              #Enable calls of extra sanity =
checking
#nooptions      INVARIANT_SUPPORT       #Extra sanity checks of internal =
structures, required by INVARIANTS
#nooptions      WITNESS                 #Enable checks to detect =
deadlocks and cycles
#nooptions      WITNESS_SKIPSPIN        #Don't run witness on spinlocks =
for speed
#nooptions      MALLOC_DEBUG_MAXZONES   # Separate malloc(9) zones

As I'm no where near getting a matching buildkernel to complete I've not =
tried to test this buildworld result on a PowerMac that I have access =
to.

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net