Date:      Thu, 07 May 1998 09:26:43 -0700
From:      Scott Sewall <scott@iprg.nokia.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Upgrade comments

Last night I upgraded my system from 2.2.5-RELEASE to 2.2.6-RELEASE.

The upgrade generally went ok.

Some comments.

The UPGRADE.TXT file which came on the CD indicates that I would be
prompted for a location "into which all files from /etc/ are saved."

I don't recall seeing such a prompt. Previous copies of files
such as /etc/passwd were simply overwritten.

The file also mentions that the upgrade procedure "replaces the
previous FreeBSD kernel with a GENERIC kernel."  This was not the
case. My 2.2.5 kernel was left as /kernel and the new 2.2.6 kernel
was installed as /kernel.GENERIC.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Thanks!

-- Scott