Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 07:03:05 +1100
From:      jonathan michaels <jlm@caamora.com.au>
To:        Ryzhyk Eugeney <evgeni67@bezeqint.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problems installing linux-opera-6.0.20011129.1

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 11:51:59PM +0200, Ryzhyk Eugeney wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 08:24:12 +1100
> jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au> wrote:
>
> > greetings all and best wishes for the new year.
> >
> > i've just installed freebsd v4.2-release (on a small network consisting
> > of freebsd v2.2.5-release machines, equally old intel 386dx33 with 8 mb
> > dram).

> Try Opera statically linked with Qt (get it frpm opera.com)

i have downloaded the linux 'technical review' edition of linux opera
and unpacked in an out of teh way part of the filesystem and
exececuted its 'runme.sh' script

it works a real treat, it sometimes dumps core. ok it is a 10 plus year
old pentium thats been weathered a bit, but it was good quality
hardware when it was originally purchased, and onlu opera ''cores''
make world works a treat as well.

anyone wanting to get away from nastiness in some other browsers should
at least look at opera. i am just a happy camper crowing about
something thats gone right for a change.

i have one small question about "installing" opera, would it be better
to install it the linux 'compatability' chunk of teh hard disk or in
/usr/local where all the other stuff usually finds its way upon
installation ??

with much thanks and appreciations to all that have responded to my orignal
plea for help.

regards

jonathan