Date:               Thu, 27 Mar 1997 14:13:08 EST
From:      "Miki Janosi" <mjanosi@numacorp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:         Network printing

    Hello all,
Let me give a little background before I ask the question. We have
numerous networks, Sun, Netware, and Mac printing to some HP laser
printers. I asked my sys admin how to print to any of them from my
PC, I have both DOS and BSD on it. He told me to erase BSD and install
Linux and he'd think about helping me. I can ping the printer and I
know there must be a way to print to it, but will I be able to do it
without my sys admin's help? I have limited permissions in netware,
but I might have enough on the Sun box. If anyone has any
suggestions, please also e-mail my address, mjanosi@numacorp.com,
because I have only e-mail access to the internet and I had to quit
the mailing list because of the volume of e-mail. TIA!
Miki Janosi                   NUMA Corporation, Akron, OH
Tel: (330) 925-5000 x.455     email: mjanosi@numacorp.com