Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:33:59 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell laptops

--wLAMOaPNJ0fu1fTG

On Tuesday, 11 July 2006 at 10:47:08 -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> What are the current problems, if any, on current Dell laptops have
> with FreeBSD?

ACPI "me too".  Last time I tried with -CURRENT, ACPI didn't work at
all and confused timers and things, so that the keyboard repeat came
in jerks, sleep(1) took about 5 seconds, and some network things
slowed to a crawl.  As a result I had to disable ACPI to do anything
at all with the machine.  Under 6.1-RELEASE, ACPI works, and I can
suspend, but not resume again.  This is the state I told you about at
BSDCan.

I haven't experimented with this much since then.  This is a work
machine, and normally I run Linux on it.  I don't know how well ACPI
works under Linux, since I don't turn it off.

Greg

--wLAMOaPNJ0fu1fTG

--wLAMOaPNJ0fu1fTG--