Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2002 14:24:15 -0400
From:      Carlos Ugarte <cau@CS.Arizona.EDU>
To:        Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone using vid/OV511 webcams?

Oliver Brandmueller writes:
 > I have an FreeBSD 4.6-RC and the vid which is in the ports (current
 > version). Works fine for me with an Creative WebCam II (tested with both
 > models, the oe with OV511 and the one with OV511+). It's slow, so it
 > only gives still pictures, could take maybe 1 or 2 pictures per second I
 > guess, I've never tried, because I use it as webcam with 10 or 20 second
 > updates. The controller is an UHCI.
 >
 > I don't have the notebook here at the moment, so I can't give you more
 > precise values, if you need, just tell me and I'll have a look at it.

Thanks, Oliver.  Your results tell me that the main problem must lie
in something I am doing =/  Although I am having problems in -stable
and -current, it seems that -current is much faster as far as
transfers on UHCI go.  Hopefully that can all be MFC'd after 4.6 is
released.

Carlos

--
Carlos A. Ugarte                                    cau@research.att.com