Date:      Wed, 25 Apr 2001 19:11:16 -0700
From:      Michael VanLoon <MichaelV@EDIFECS.COM>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems getting 4.3 release iso images

------=_NextPart_000_00F4_01C0CDBB.80912C30

I don't mean to be too critical of you guys, because I know you work
hard and are busy, but...

4.3R might have gone a bit smoother if you had actually pushed it out =
all your mirrors before announcing it.

Currently, ftp.freebsd.org, usw1 and usw2 are totally inaccessible (or
if I do get through, pretty much unresponsive). I tried connecting to
ftp2.freebsd.org through ftp10.freebsd.org. None of them have this
release mirrored, except ftp10, and the image on ftp10 is corrupt
(truncated to only 45MB in size).

A little foresight goes a long way, and I assert that the load would be
quite a bit less on ftp.freebsd.org if the mirrors actually had a copy
to distribute.

(FWIW I'm speaking specifically of the ISO CD image. It might be
available in other forms (binary or source dist) but I was not
interested in those.)

=20

------=_NextPart_000_00F4_01C0CDBB.80912C30

<HTML><HEAD>

<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ced2ec>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 size=3D3>
<P>I don't mean to be too critical of you guys, because I know you work =
hard and=20
are busy, but...</P>
<P>4.3R might have gone a bit smoother if you had actually pushed it =
out to all=20
your mirrors before announcing it.</P>
<P>Currently, ftp.freebsd.org, usw1 and usw2 are totally inaccessible =
(or if I=20
do get through, pretty much unresponsive). I tried connecting to=20
ftp2.freebsd.org through ftp10.freebsd.org. None of them have this =
release=20
mirrored, except ftp10, and the image on ftp10 is corrupt (truncated to =
only=20
45MB in size).</P>
<P>A little foresight goes a long way, and I assert that the load would =
be quite=20
a bit less on ftp.freebsd.org if the mirrors actually had a copy to=20
distribute.</P>
<P>(FWIW I'm speaking specifically of the ISO CD image. It might be =
available in=20
other forms (binary or source dist) but I was not interested in =
those.)</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00F4_01C0CDBB.80912C30--