Date:      Sun, 07 Apr 1996 00:57:18 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Jeffrey Hsu <hsu@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape install of FreeBSD

Jeffrey Hsu wrote in message ID
<199604062345.PAA22645@freefall.freebsd.org>:
> Here's a wild idea for a project: a netscape (or any other browser)
> install of FreeBSD.  There are a number of technical problems
> to solve, but that's left as an exercise for the reader.

Actually, already been thought of and tossed around a bit. Well, more
specifically, Jordan and I talked a bit about using a WWW browser and
CGI scripts to create the configuration manager for post-install stuff
like adding/deleting users, changing /etc/sysconfig, etc. This was
last summer when we were melting from heat and trying to finish the
2.0.5 installer at the same time. I don't think either of us have had
time to do more than toss this around in our heads ever since :-(

Gary