Date:      Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:14:29 -0700
From:      "Derek Jewett" <djewett@snowcrest.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   LDAP jargon....

This may not be the correct place but here goes:

Does anyone else out there claiming the fame of enterprise admin, see a need
for a "universal directory service"??? In my shop we got Unix (BSD, AIX,
Linux), Novell, NT, AS/400, Unisys, and other IBM hosts.. Am I the only one
that sees an immediate need for LDAP in the enterprise...??

I would like to hear from others that have been on the quest for an
"integrated enterprise", and what successes, or failures you have had.. Is
there any light at the end of the ldap tunnel? Has anyone successfully
hosted an LDAP directory on a BSD box and connected to it with other systems
(NT, Novell, AIX, AS/400, Unisys, Etc)?? Thanks