Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:19:36 -0500
From:      dmmcf@uiuc.edu (D. Michael McFarland)
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Codeweavers's crossover Office on FreeBSD?

Marco Molteni <molter@tin.it> writes:

> Michael,
>
> Your experience really makes me think of buying it :-)

I've probably got my money's worth already, in the form of a few days
of hope and optimism.  I just shouldn't get too used to those
feelings.

> I haven't done it yet, but did you have a look at
> http://www.codeweavers.com/support/office/faq.php ?
>
> they have a FAQ, a mailing list and a support ticket system.

I'd seen _a_ FAQ somewhere, but this one is more complete.  Sadly,
neither this nor the mailing list archives contained anything (I
recognized as) pertaining to my problem.  And I'm reluctant to
initiate a formal ticket, not wanting to use up any of the goodwill
the BSDs seem to enjoy with Codeweavers.  After all, they don't claim
it works, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to try it.

It would probably be more directly productive for me to go bother the
vmware port guys again. :-) At least that would take my mind off the
alternative, which is to install Linux and VMware and solve all these
problems by midnight GMT.  Funny, isn't it, that I'm so irked at MS
and their masses (some of whom I must collaborate with) that I won't
let them push me even as far toward the mainstream as Linux?
Something about noses and faces comes to mind.

Cheers,
Michael