Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 1996 12:37:52 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        cau@cc.gatech.edu (Carlos Ugarte)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Philips CDD2000 CD-R works as HP-4020i

I applied the changes to recognise the Philips CDD2000 CD-R to the
961014 snap and the drive is now recongnised as worm0. I have two
problems though:

1) can I use it as a CD reader, by putting in a standard CDROM ?
   mount refuses to work on character devices as /dev/rworm0,
   and worm.c has no reference to a block device. I tried

       vnconfig /dev/vn0c /dev/rworm0

   but with no luck

2) after making the appropriate changes to burncd.sh, I tried to use
   the writer in "dummy" mode, with a CDROM instead of a writable disk
   inside. No luck either, since I get a couple of 'illegal command'
   messages (but perhaps this is just because the writer wants to see a
   writable disk instead ?)

Any help appreciated, especially on #1

	Thanks
	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522              http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/